Bonjour mes belles! First and foremost, a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the winners of my Giveaway -- Tephie S., Jennifer F. & Jessica M., and thanks so much to everyone who participated. I have more giveaways coming up soon, so keep glued for announcements!
It's finally Friday and I'm getting ready to fly out to Hollywood for my Beauty Blogger of the Year ceremony with Dinair! I'm super psyched & anxious, and literally cannot wait!!! Woo-Hoo!! Before I go, I'd like to leave you with something special: a Classic Smokey Eye made for a fierce, feline, femme fatale -- the perfect ensemble for a Friday night and one of my most requested makeup looks. I'm using a gorgeous, luxe palette from Lancome and I've even prepared a Pictorial-Tutorial to share with you guys!! I hope you all get to try this look -- it's a classic and is one of my go-to's :))
Read more for details & how-to's!
Products Used (EYES)
- Lancome Color Design Limited Edition Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Gris Fatale
- This shadows in this palette are incredibly pigmented, consistent and apply velvety smooth. The Lancome standard is in a class of its own and stands the test of time. Highly recommended.
- Lancome Artliner Precision Point EyeLiner
- Noir (intense black)
- IceBlack (black pearl)
- Lancome Le Crayon Kohl EyeLiner in Black Ebony
Additional Eye Products:
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper (primer)
- House of Lashes Feline Lashes -- these lashes are fuller at the outer corners, so they're perfect for adding intensity and depth to a smokey cat eye.
- House of Lashes Eyelash Adhesive -- the most amazing lash glue ever, it smells divine and goes on iridescent blue, but dries perfectly clear! Highly recommended :)
"Feline Fatale" Classic Smokey Cat Eye Pictorial-Tutorial
- Prime the lids and line the top lash line and outer third of the lower lash line with a smoldering black kohl pencil. Lancome Kohl EyeLiner is perfect for this step because it is ultra dark, yet super soft and easy to blend. Extend the outer winger in a cat-eye style.
- Using the liner applicator from the palette, smudge out the liner and wing using the sparkly black shade (labeled step 2). Don't worry about being precise.
- Using the shadow applicator from the palette or a flat brush, apply the sparkly silver shade (step 3) to the inner corner and center lid. Blend out the harsh edge.
- With the same brush, apply the gunmetal shade (4) to the outer third of the lid and outer crease, blending the color outwards, and "lifting" it toward the brow. Next, use a clean brush to apply the semi-matte peach shade (step 4) to the brow bone, blending it with the gunmetal gray. Layer the colors to strengthen the gradient.
- Apply the shimmery taupe to the center of the lid and to the inner part of the lower lash line. Adding shade to the inner corner will give the illusion of a "dropped" inner corner and will result in a more dramatic cat-eye while the outer corner is "lifted".
- Tight-line the entire waterline with the kohl pencil and seal it with the black shadow to keep it from moving.
- Line the inner half of the top lash line with the IceBlack Artliner, then line the entire lash line with the Noir Artliner and extend the outer wing. Optional: add lash "Twiggies" to the lower lash line.
- Finish with a coat of mascara and false lashes.
Same Eyes, Different Lips
This Smokey Look is so versatile that it could be paired with a number of lip options. For this post, I'm featuring Mary Kay True Dimension Lipsticks in the following shades:
- Pink Cherié (top left in collage pic) -- blue-based light / medium pink. This gorgeous color is great for an every day pop and also gives the smokey eye a more modern feel.
- Color Me Coral (top right) -- neutral coral. This every day coral gives the smokey eye a more wearable, natural finish. Great for daily wear in place of boring flesh tones and mauves.
- Wild About Pink (bottom left) -- bright, raspberry pink. This stunning shade not only makes the skin glow and helps the teeth appear whiter, but also gives a sexy flirty appeal to any dramatic look, as well as today's smokey eye.
- Firecracker (bottom right) -- vibrant, true red. This shade is more pigmented than the rest and truly perfects the skin. I love that it's not too orange, nor too blue, so it's guaranteed to match lots of skin tones and tastes. Firecracker is the perfect finish to a classic take on the smokey eye.
Get your Mary Kay True Dimensions HERE and USE my 10% OFF CODE for the month of MAY:
For today, I'm going with the classic Firecracker :)
Happy Weekend Mes Amis! I'm off to Hollywood :)))
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com