Bonjour mes belles! One of my favorite makeup combos to wear for a night out is a classic smokey eye in a vibrant shade paired with the palest of nude lips. For today's edition of Wearable Wednesday I have prepared precisely this -- a Midnight Blue Smokey Eye and pale, barely pink, nude lips. For this look, I'm using some of my favorite products from Lancome and Lime Crime, a palette and a lipstick, respectively and balancing it out with clean skin, full brows, and rosy cheeks.
Read more for the pictorial tutorial!
Lancome goodies for the EYES
Products Used (EYES):
- Lime Crime eyeshadow helper (primer) -- not pictured
- Lancome Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5-Shadow & Liner Palette
- Lancome Liner Design Long Wear Calligraphy Gel EyeLiner
- Lancome Hypnose Star Show-Stopping Volume Mascara
- Red Cherry Lashes #523 from HBbeautybar.com
- 10% off code: MaryamM10
- Lancome Blending Shadow Brush #17 -- this brush is feather soft and perfect for blending crease shadows
- Lancome Angle Shadow Brush #13 -- superior all-over shadow brush and it great for highlighting
- Lancome Large Shadow Brush #11 -- dense eyeshadow brush that's perfect for patting on the lid color
- Lancome Dual-End Liner & Smudger Brush #24 -- this dual-ended brush can be used with gel liners line the eyes and shadows to smudge out the liner
"Midnight Rush" Vibrant Blue Smokey Eye Pictorial-Tutorial
- Apply the lightest shade to your brow bone using the #13 brush, then highlight the inner corner.
- With the #17 blending brush, apply the matte gray shade to your crease. Use windshield wiper motions to layer the color and circular motions to blend out any harsh edges.
- Pat on the vibrant blue shade all over the lid using the #11 brush.
- TIP: For deeper-set eyes, concentrate the color on the center of the lid and feather it into the crease shade.
- TIP: Shade the outer "V" of the eye for more definition and dimension. This is a great trick for hooded eyes and Asian eyes.
Products Used (FACE):
- Missha M Perfect BB Cream in #27 (Honey Beige) and #31 (Golden Beige) -- I got some sun over the weekend, so I'm mixing in my summer color.
- P. S. I applied my BB cream with the Magic Touch Sponge, which uses air compression technology to help makeup apply smoothly. I don't think this sponge is out yet, but I can't wait for you all to try it -- I call this product my NASA sponge!
- TiGi Cosmetics Glow Blush in Lovely
Products Used (EYEBROWS):
Products Used (LIPS):
- Lime Crime opaque lipstick in Coquette -- my fave nude of all time! Extra pale, but looks so gorgeous on medium / tan skin!
Click on the Pic to get yours!
Blue is Love! Will you be trying out this combo?
*Some product/s in this post were provided for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com