Hello my beauties! It's Mani-Monday and I'm back with another nail art edition. This week, I'm featuring a simple Islamic motif to celebrate the Holy month of Ramadan and pay my respects to all my Muslim subscribers around the world. I hope you're all having a safe and easy fast and I wish you many blessings during this Holy Month.
Read more for the nail art deets!
- Duri Rejuvacote-- base coat
- Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Tahiti Breeze
- Shimmer Polish in Tracy
- Kiss Nail Art Polish in White
- Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Gold
- NailsChic Nail Art Pen in Black
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Born Pretty Store Nail Art Decoration
- 10% off coupon: MARYAM5W21
- Apply your base coat and follow with 1-2 coats of your base color (turquoise is a common color in Islamic Art).
- Using a fine nail art brush and white nail polish, paint a half moon shape at the base of the nail to represent the eye white of the "evil eye" charm (Nazar). Use a gold nail art pen to outline the shape. Add gold glitter on top of the gold outline for a more decorative feel. Use a large rhinestone for the iris.
- Draw a "Hand of Fatima" shape (aka Hamsa in the Jewish religion) with a black nail art pen and fill in the shape with the gold pen, going over the black and leaving a very thin outline. Top the gold with gold glitter.
- Similarly, paint a crescent moon and star at the base of another nail and top with glitter.
- Add a large Hand of Fatima (Hamsa) to your thumb or accent nail.
- Finish the design with top coat.
Don't forget to enter my current giveaway! Details in the video below :)
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com