Salut mes amis!! Hope you're all happy, healthy and are enjoying your month of August! The last few weeks have been insanely busy for me, both personally and professionally. I've been working on several major projects, filming videos, meeting with companies, attending events and preparing blog content for all of you. On the personal side, I've been getting ready for a major trip to the Philippines and Thailand for my best friend's wedding, as well as a much-needed vacation!
I'll be leaving today (I'm actually typing from the airport) and I'll be taking you along with me via my photos which I'll be posting on my social media channels. Of course, I'll also be working and updating my blog (though not as frequently) and Mr. Maquillage and I are even planning to visit some cosmetics labs and shoot a makeup VIDEO while we're out there (wish us luck!). This is going to be an amazing trip, so the next time you hear from me will be from the Philippines :))
Today's look is my final farewell, so-to-speak, so I wanted to end it with a bang aka with some lights, glitter and celebration!!
Read more for details & how-to!
Products Used: Tarte
For today's Smokey Glitter Look, I used mostly Tarte Cosmetics (above) and a few other additional products:
Products Used (Eyes / Brows):
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof cream eyeshadow in Slate (used as primer) -- not pictured*
- Tarte Call of The Wild Amazonian Clay 8-Shadow Collector's Palette
- Tarte skinny smolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Amazonite Blue
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse in Medium Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Covet Waterproof Liner in Midnight
- Coloured Raine Star Gazer Glitter in White Diamonds / Icy Girl
- Dose of Colors Lashes in Show Stopper -- beautiful flared lashes by my beautiful friend Makeup by Anna, founder of Dose of Lashes
Glitter Smokey Eye How-To:
- Apply Tarte's Slate cream shadow as primer all over the lid and past the crease. Blend out the edge with your finger.
- Using the matte gray eyeshadow (labeled 1) on a pointed crease brush, apply the shade all over the crease and blend out towards the brow bone by mixing with the pale gray shade (labeled 3).
- Add a bit of warmth and shimmer directly underneath the brow by mixing in a bit of the shimmery peach shadow (labeled 4).
- Using a flat brush, apply the matte navy shade (labeled 2) to the outer and inner thirds of the movable lid keeping the center clean.
- Line the bottom lash line and center of the lid using the Amazonite Blue waterproof pencil and blend out the edges with the sponge end. Seal the liner with icy blue or silver glitter. Highlight the inner corner with a pale shimmery shade (labeled 5).
- Line the top lash line with a black liquid liner and line the waterline with a waterproof black pencil.
- Add mascara and falsies to complete the look.
a different angle
a shift in focus
My face is airbrushed using Beletto Studio airbrush system (review to come!)
Next time you'll hear from me will be from the Philippines!!!
Smooches my darlings!!
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com