Hello my beauties!! It's Friday and I'm feeling pensive and serene... it's been a long, tough week and I'm so ready to exhale and recharge. Today's dreamy look is inspired by sparkling, purple twilight and the mystical, magical air it exudes. I'm wearing my new crown, a medieval braid and some princess-purple makeup to match, using all Motives Cosmetics. Where am I heading? To dreamland to prance with some unicorns, fairies and happy rainbows!! xoxo ;)
Read more for makeup deets & tutorial!
The Look: Slightly costume-y and princess-y, this romantic makeup look is perfect for those who aren't afraid to stand out of the crowd. The sparkling lavender smokey eyes are emphasized with cat eye liner extended in the inner and outer corners and paired with glossy pink lips and glistening cheekbones. The brows are full, strong and expertly arched, while the featured are slightly sculpted and contoured.
Crystal Headpiece: Little House of Glamour
Arabic "Maryam" Silver Necklace: Wow Imports
Sweater: Nasty Gal
Products Used (EYES): use code MARYAMNYC when shopping for Motives to get free shipping
- Motives Mavens ELEMENT Palette (US / CA) use code MARYAMNYC for Free Shipping globally
- www.motivescosmetics.com/MaryamNYC -- US / CAN Shopping
- www.global.shop.com/MaryamNYC -- International Shipping
- Motives Eye Base
- Motives Eyeshadow in Heiress
- Motives Eyeshadow in Dollface
- Motives 15-Piece Professional Brush Set
- Motives Luxe Precision Eye Liner in Jet Black
- Motives glitter pot "Celebrate"
- Lashes: Ardell Demi Wispies Plum
- use code MARYAMNYC to get 15% OFF any merchandise from HB Beauty Bar
- Brows: Too Faced Bulletproof Brows
Romantic Purple Smokey Eye Tutorial:
- Apply eye base all over the lid. Using a precision contour brush, apply "Aubergine" shadow (ELEMENT Palette) to the outer crease and outer v of the eye. Blend it out using short strokes and add a bit of "Native" (ELEMENT) eyeshadow to warm up the transition.
- Using a flat brush, highlight the inner corner and directly below the brow using "Shell" eyeshadow and blending it down towards "Native".
- Clean off the brush and apply "Dollface" shadow to the inner and outer portions of the lid. Use the tip of the brush to line the lower lash line.
- With the same brush, apply "Heiress" eyeshadow by packing it on to the blank center of the lid.
- Using a fine detailing brush, apply "Raven" eyeshadow (ELEMENT) to the outer v to deepen the gradient and add more smokiness.
- Optional: Add silver "Celebrate" glitter to the center of the lid. Line the top lash line with precision felt tip liner and outline the inner corner. Add mascara and purple lashes.
and matching nails!
My nails this week are super glittery, with a focus on purple and lavender. I'm using the latest collection from The Lacquer Cabinet by Nailtini, curated and mixed by beauty blogger Lisa Bailey of Nail-Art-101.
On my lips, I'm wearing my favorite Motives for La La concontion: