Salut mes amis! Can you count all the hearts in the above collage? If so, then you know that this look is once again inspired by Valentine's Day. Pink is my favorite color (along with yellow) and today I'm celebrating all the shades of PINK -- there are far more than just 50!! I've created a fun, avant-garde look focusing on glittery sugar-heart lips, shimmery cat eyes and one fabulously PINK vintage lady hat that dates back all the way to the 1940's!! Can you just imagine the fashionista who owned it -- she must've been a Diva in her day!
Read more & be filled with Pink :)
Pink Kitty meow
The least dramatic aspect of my look, this shimmery eye makeup was done using solely MAC pigments. I'm not a huge fan of MAC eye shadows, but I do love the pigments -- they are fun to use and the results are über saturated.
Products Used (Eyes):
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- MAC pigment in Grape (lid liner, lower lash line)
- MAC pigment in Cheers My Dear! (center)
- MAC pigment in Fuchsia (outer third)
- MAC pigment in Kitschmas (inner corner)
- MAC pigment in Naked (brow bone & cheekbones)
- Born Pretty Store heart rhinestones (10% Off Coupon: MARYAM5W21)
- Lime Crime Uniliner in Quill
- NYX candy glitter liner in Lavender (lower lashes)
- Jordana kajal pencil in White (waterline)
- Red Cherry lashes #5 -- BIG and bouncy lashes from HBwigs.com
- NYX lip liner in Pinky
- Lime Crime opaque lipstick in Countessa Fluorescent (cool neon pink)
- Lime Crime opaque lipstick in Airborne Unicorn (medium purple with a hint of neon)
- Born Pretty Store round glitter (assorted colors) 10% OFF Coupon: MARYAM5W21
Candy Glitter Heart Lips How-To:
- Prep your lips with a lip balm. I like Zen Society 100% Vegan Balm.
- Line your lips with a pink lip liner and outline the negative space of the heart. Fill in the negative space.
- Apply a bright pink lipstick over the lip liner. Blot, reapply, and blot again.
- Fill in the heart shape with a lavender lipstick. Do not blot.
- Dip your finger into chunky glitter and adhere directly to the heart shape. Clean your finger and dip it again to apply more. It's important to clean your finger between applications, otherwise the glitter will get muddy.
More PINK on my toes:
- Kiss Nail Dress Signature Series by Katie Cazorla in Flirt
- This gorgeous nail dress from Katie Cazorla (The Painted Nail) Valentine's Day Collection for Kiss is one of my favorite designs of all the nail dresses. The green and gold peacock feathers over bright fuchsia together make such a fun and wearable color combo, plus the brightness makes the toesies look tan! I love the fact that Katie's collection isn't a literal interpretation of Valentine's hearts and pink glitter, so it's perfect for any occasion (though this design is very V-Day appropriate).
- Topped with Kiss Gel Top Coat & cured in Kiss PRO LED lamp for extra shine and longevity.
- Kiss Nail Dress are said to last up to 10 days without gel. Although the adhesion of Kiss Nail Dress is much stronger than most stickers I've tried, I prefer to add a layer of gel to cure the edges and add shine. Otherwise, the edges start peeling back much sooner and the surface tends to dull out.
- Availability: Kiss Limited Edition Valentine's Day Nail Dress Collection by Katie Cazorla is available at Walgreens, Walmart and Kmart stores nationwide, retailing for about $7 per set. The complete gel line is currently available at Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart & Kmart stores nationwide. The retail price for the starter system with LED lamp is $49.99.