Salut mes amis! "The Man Repeller" Glossybox is officially here and so are a few of my new favorite beauty discoveries. For the first box of the year, Glossybox partnered with Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller to bring us some of the popular blogger's most coveted beauty goodies. I must say, this box exceeded my expectations and the featured items are definitely more man-attracting than repelling. Even Mr. Maquillage agrees!
Read more for details!
- Although I much prefer falsies and am not really a mascara wearer, the velvety formula of this volumizing mascara is actually one of my favorites. I love the chunky tapered brush, which makes for easy application in the inner corner and lower lashes. The product lasts well over 8 hours and does not flake -- a major selling point for me. There is nothing worse than clumps of mascara underneath the eyes!
Here's the before and after: I'm wearing one coat of Estée Lauder mascara on my top and bottom lashes. For my cat eyeliner, I'm using Illamasqua medium pencil in Honour and sharpening the outer corner with Revlon liquid liner in Black Shimmer.
2. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum -- sample
- One of the many reasons I wear makeup is to combat my oily skin. This mattifying serum is a dream product that functions as an all-in-one skin remedy. Umbrian clay is unique in high mineral content and works to neutralize acidity, as well as purify and clarify the complexion. I've been wearing this product every day since receiving it and am totally spoiled by its capabilities. I can really get used to this multi-tasking skin assistant!
- In one word: OBSESSED. This glittery purple-blue polish has a sand-paper-like finish, but isn't one bit abrasive. This nail lacquer is matte, modern and marvelous -- I'll just let it speak for itself!
With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I created yet another "hearts" nail art using tape. For a detailed video tutorial on how to create heart stencils, check out my latest video tutorial on my channel: YouTube.com/MaryamMaquillage
- For my base color, I'm using Cult Nails Nail Lacquer in My Kind of Cool-Aid
4. Living Proof Prime Style Extender -- deluxe sample
- Aaaah another favorite! A weightless hair primer that extends hairstyles and allows me to go longer between shampoos and touch-ups?! I'm sold! This is another one of those products that I feel extremely thankful to have discovered through Glossybox and "The Man Repeller". My hair has never felt fresher!
5. Narciso Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette Spray -- sample
- So NOT man repelling, this fragrance is fresh, modern and may I say: SEXY. The gentle notes of florals and musc capture a scent that is very feminine and sensual. Mr. Maquillage approved!
6. Vincent Longo Lipstain SPF 15 Lipstick in Americana -- full size product
- This award-winning Lipstain Lipstick is packed with aloe vera and vitamin E to soften and nourish the lip tissue while tinting the lips with a glossy coat of sheer, yet punchy color. The emollient lightweight texture clings to lips to ensure it won't bleed over the lip line. Did you guess it? Yup, it's my favorite product in this Glossybox edition!
Bonus: Le Métier De Beauté Replenishing Daily Solution -- sample
- A rich, emollient formula protects, conditions and hydrates while it nourishes, rejuvenates and detoxifies the skin, restoring suppleness to the skin. Paraben-free.
VERDICT: I am very impressed with all the items in the "Man Repeller" Edition of January's Glossybox. This box has everything you need for a complete look -- from head to toe! I've made a few personal discoveries and even marked down a couple of favorites. What are yours?
*The product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com