Bonjour mes belles! Today's dark and dramatic evening ensemble is inspired by Valentine's Day and was created using products from Lip Factory's February box. Lip Factory Inc. is a makeup subscription service that features up to 10 samples in each month's edition and focuses primarily on lip products. This is a must have box for those of you who favor makeup over general beauty products and is a great service for anyone looking to freshen up their cosmetics collection.
Read more for details!
Without giving away all the items in Lip Factory's February box, here's a sneak peek of the products I used for this look:
- LASplash Mineral Eye Sparkle & Glitter in Black Sea (black with iridescent glitter)
- LASplash Mineral Eye Sparkle & Glitter in Hula Hula (bright blue based pink)
- LASplash Mineral Eye Sparkle & Glitter in Oyster Shell (pale pearl pink)
- 29 Cosmetics Grape Seed Age Protecting Lipstick in Stompin' Grapes (bright ruby red)
- 29 Cosmetics Hint of Honey Treatment (honey balm with gold glitter)
Other Products Used:
- Red Cherry Lashes #D012 from HBwigs.com -- adorned with crystals, these spiky graduated lashes are the ultimate in glam and give a flirty effect to any eye look
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper (primer)
- Lime Crime uniliner in Quill (black liquid liner)
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Shadow in Black Bean-- black base
- MAC Fix + Spray-- used to "foil" eyeshadow
Stompin' Grapes topped with Hint of Honey Treatment
I'm really excited to have discovered 29 Cosmetics through Lip Factory Inc. and this lip combo is officially my top pick for Valentine's ready lips. The grape seed enriched lipstick is moisturizing, light and provides exceptional coverage and pigmentation. The Hint of Honey lip treatment gives a beautiful sparkle while protecting the lips from free radicals. I am very impressed!
"Smokey Eyed Valentine" How-To:
- Prime the eye with primer and allow a few seconds for it to set.
- Apply a black sticky base (NYX jumbo eye pencil in Black Bean) to the lid and lower lash line, staying close to the lashes. Blend out the product with a synthetic brush to provide an even base for the eyeshadow.
- Using a stiff flat brush, apply LA Splash Eye Sparkle in Black Sea all over the lid and lower lash line, sealing the sticky base. Blend out the edges of the shape past the crease and use short strokes to lift and extend the outer corner in a cat-eye style.
- Apply LA Splash Eye Sparkle in Oyster Shell to the brow bone and meet with Black Sea. This well help the black shadow transition better. Also, highlight the inner corner of the eye.
- Apply LA Splash Eye Sparkle in Hula Hula using the foil method by painting the mixture on to the center of the lid. (Foil method: mixing loose eyeshadow with water or a fixing spray). This will create a pop of color over the black shadow. Optional: Add loose glitter on top.
- Line the top and bottom lash lines with a black liquid liner and apply sparkly false lashes. I'm using Red Cherry lashes #D012.
Smokey Eyed and ready to celebrate!
Not just for Valentine's Day, this look is more than appropriate for a Friday Night Out with the girls or with your beau! In fact, it's perfect and it's what I'm wearing tonight! So join me in putting on your best pair of danglers, your hottest black dress and sparkle the night away, like the diva that you are!
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com