Salut les filles :)))
Wow... New York is snowed in and life is officially on hold. To those of you who are lucky to be in a warm climate right now, please have a drink for me--Nastenka!!! In honor of tropical climates, warm weather and birthday girls :) my makeup look of the day is inspired by Fun in the Sun. Hope you all enjoy, and please don't forget to VOTE in my POLL on the right side bar. Merciii!!!
ABOUT THE LOOK: Wearing bright eyeshadows is a great way to add a pop of color to your face and to brighten your mood :)) Achieving this look is easy and doesn't require a lot of steps or technique. You can do this look with any two complimentary eye shadows, doesn't have to be yellow and orange. Any bright combo will produce the same EyE PoPpiNg effect--try pink and purple, turquoise and blue, green and yellow... whatever. Just make sure the lid color is the brighter and lighter of the two.
FACE: Add bronzer across your forehead and nose and on the tops of the cheekbones. I like Bare Minerals Warmth (shimmery) and Benefit Hoola Bronzer (matte). Add a light gold highlight to the tops of the cheekbones and around the eyes, on the temples. My favorite highlighter is Nars Albatross... it is just divine.
EYES: You'll need a bright yellow shadow and a orangey-peachy shadow or blush. I used blush for this part. For your tools, you will need 2 brushes--a flat eyeshadow brush for application and a fluffy dome shaped brush for contouring and blending. For pictures and descriptions of the brushes, go to my post Fabuleyes. To define the eyes, you'll need your favorite black liquid or gel liner. If pencil works for you, go ahead and use that :))
- Prime your eyes with a good primer like Urban Decay primer potion. Wait for it to set and apply a second base if your yellow eyeshadow isn't very pigmented. If your eyeshadow is good quality, you can skip this step.
- The second base should have a sticky/oily consistency. I like to use NYX jumbo eye pencil, and for this look I used their white pencil in Milk. White base will make any bright shadow appear brighter. Apply the base to your lid only, staying under the crease, and blend out with your finger.
- Take your flat brush and pack on the yellow shadow all over your lid, over the second base, (if you chose to apply that).
- With a fluffy dome brush, take your orange eyeshadow or blush and apply it to your crease using windshield wiper motions. The yellow and the orange will blend together.
- Take your liquid eyeliner and line the top lid heavily, extending the line to a wing. Apply a coat of mascara and VOILA--you're done!!! (In the pic, I'm wearing individual lashes, so I didn't apply mascara)
LIPS: For a bright eye look, keep the lips neutral. I lined mine with NYX lipliner in Natural and applied MAC amplified creme lipstick in Warm Me Up. This color is unfortunately discontinued, but check out MAC's amplified formulas, they are awesome. They really plump the lips, making them look velvety :)))
LIFE IS GOOD!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NASTYA!!!