::Wink Wink:: mes amis :)) If you follow me on Facebook & Instagram (@maryamnyc), then you've probably already seen this look and you may also recall how excited I was to receive unicorn mail from Lime Crime earlier this week. I posted this "swatch" on FB to show off Lime Crime's brand new Uniliners and after receiving a lot of positive feedback on this look, I thought I'd feature it here along with a review of the coveted liners!
These seven vibrant eye-popping liquid eyeliners come with a fine precision brush that delivers perfect, razor-sharp application every time. Trust me, it's true... whether you are a pro or a newbie, you will feel the difference instantly -- it's so easy, it's fool-proof! The formula dries within a few seconds resulting in long-lasting, smudge-resistant wear.
- Lunar Sea (pure white) -- pure, matte, white. Perfect for the inner corners and/or accent highlights. I can't wait to use this one for my zebra inspired look!!
- Lazuli (vibrant royal blue) -- rockin' bright blue that can easily replace your everyday boring black liner! #fave
- Citreuse (bright, nearly neon chartreuse) -- perfect description and name. I couldn't have said it better myself. This is my favorite of the colors, it works so well with tan complexions... #obsessed!!
- Quill (glossy black) -- I don't know if it's the darkest black you'll ever experience, but it's pretty darn close. If you're looking for a great shiny black liquid liner, look no further!
- 6th Element (bright orange) -- described as a 'Fanta' orange and I'd have to agree wholeheartedly. Side note: this is the only shade that required two coats for fully opaque coverage.
- Blue Milk (pale sky blue) -- beautiful, angelic milky sky blue. Another fave, this color is simply divine! Wear it alone or double up with Quill for a more wearable look.
- Orchidaceous (violet-purple) -- although this is described as bright, I'd say it's the most wearable and subdued color out of the seven. This eyeliner would probably appear more vibrant on someone with a lighter or much darker skin tone than mine. Nonetheless, I love it and it is absolutely gorgeous!
Here they are, in comparison to my hand. The tubes are 3.5 in (8.5 cm) in length, holding a fairly decent amount of product. All shades are highly pigmented and contain a very slight shimmer that can be noticed in direct sunlight. Nearly all shades (with the exception of 6th Element) are completely opaque after just one swipe. That is pretty glorious if you ask me! Way to go Lime Crime :))
Eyeliners are my favorite makeup medium, there's just something about the creative freedom of the stroke that is very near and dear to my heart (artist background hehe). Anyway, here's my "swatches look" once again, with:
- Lunar Sea on the inner lower lash line
- Orchidaceous on the outer lower lash line and lash "extensions"
- Blue Milk on the inner top lash line
- Lazuli on the outer top lash line
- 6th Element on the lid and outer corner
- Citreuse on the crease
- Quill on the brows and lash "extensions"
So... which color is your FAVE??
Bisous & UniKorn ::Winks::
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com