Read more and be inspired!
Islamic-style jewelry is my absolute favorite. There's just something so exotic and captivating about bold turquoise, intricate motifs and jingling precious metals when they're assembled together in one piece of jewelry. Islamic-style accessories not only adorn, but flatter every movement of the hand, sway of the neck and rhythmic shimmie of the body. Always feminine and glamorous, these pieces add a touch of Eastern sensibility to any dress ensemble and never go out of style!
The Moroccan Bracelet Ring (Bring) by Caviar Noir was inspired by the exotic air of Morocco and Marrakech, and in turn, inspired me to create a nail design to fit the bracelet and the theme!
Confession: I own a 10 pound bag of Islamic Jewelry and Islamic-style accessories and I honestly can't get enough... Every time I see it glisten or hear it jingle, it hypnotizes me like a snake charmer's flute to a cobra!!
Moroccan Border-Nails :))
"Border-Nails" is my new favorite trend in Nail Art and Design. I was waiting for the right moment to try these out for myself and today's occasion couldn't be more fitting! I used contrasting colors to keep the design true to the original, and added a simple Islamic motif to my accent nail.
- Duri Rejuvacote Nail Growth System Base / Top Coat
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s23 Madison Avenue similar -- a gorgeous true teal used for the border
- Sinful Colors Professional Nail Enamel in Cetus similar -- a stunning sparkling plummy nude beige used for the center of the nail
- Sephora by OPI Nail Color in Charge It-- yellow gold used for the accent dot
- Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Gold-- bright gold used for the accent nail
- Gold Finger Striping Brush similar-- used to paint the borders and the accent nail design
BORDER NAILS HOW-TO (3 ways):
- Apply your border color (Teal) all over the nail on top of your base coat and wait for it to dry.
- Apply your center color (Beige) as you would normally, but avoid the border (2mm) on the bottom and sides of the nail bed. Make sure this polish is opaque and/or apply two coats if necessary. Wait for it to dry.
- Using the border color (Teal) add a rounded french tip to seal the "border" and wait for the polish to dry. Finish the manicure with a top coat.
HARDER: (my way)
- Using a striping brush, paint a thin border around the base and sides of the nail using Teal.
- Apply your center color to the bare part of the nail to perfect the edge of the border and wait for it to dry.
- Side Note: Sinful Colors Cetus isn't as opaque as I'd like it to be, so I chose this way to compensate for the opacity of the polish.
- Apply your center color (Beige) all over your nail on top of your base coat and wait for it to dry.
- Using a striping brush, paint a thin border around the nail using a contrasting color (Teal) and finish the manicure with a top coat once the border is dry.
Modeling Caviar Noir's Moroccan Finger Bracelet and my Islamic-inspired Border Nails!!
Are you feeling this trend?