Salut mes belles! With only a few days left in the month of August, I find myself in a melancholy and nostalgic mood, reminiscing about the cheerful days of my favorite season and transitioning into the seriousness of fall. Although, I'm no longer in school, the end of summer still signifies the beginning of the new school year, even for me; and as much I dreaded school, I also loved it and sometimes wish I could go back in time. Anyway, I digress... Today's makeup look is "Back 2 School" inspired and was created using one of my favorite brands and makeup mediums: Dinair Airbrush Makeup! Why? Because it's easy, fun and can save you a lot of time when getting ready in the morning!
Read more for pix, deets, and tips!
As you guys know, I'm a huge fan of Dinair (if you don't know, you can read my full review here). Not only does airbrushing make your skin look naturally flawless, but it can also create perfect, professional eye makeup in seconds. To make things even easier, Dinair now offers color collection sets -- think of these as beautifully compiled eye makeup palettes in bottle form. I am totally obsessed with the color combos and today's look is the result of my obsession.
Here are some of my favorites (clockwise from top left):
- Sunset Citrus Collection -- perfect transitional color set from summer to fall
- Pop Star Collection -- sexy, sultry & smokey
- Brights Collection -- so fun & vibrant!!
- Malibu Collection -- inspired by Malibu, enough said!
Why I Love Airbrush Eye Makeup:
- Using airbrush makeup cuts the application process in half. This part speaks for itself as it is extremely valuable for everyone on the go: students, busy moms & business women.
- Airbrushing eliminates the need for blending. With regular eye shadows, blending is the most difficult and time consuming part of makeup application. With airbrushing, there is just as much control, but you don't need to be a makeup artist to create pro results. Color can be released with precision or applied softly to look diffused at the edges, and these techniques simply depend on your distance. Once you get the hang of using an airbrush, this part becomes so easy, you can practically do it blindly.
- Color payoff is excellent: what you see in the bottle is exactly what you get on the skin. Creating a flush of color or a full-on opaque finish is determined by layers, so the creative possibilities are endless.
- Dinair Airbrush makeup dries on contact and does not require any primers, setting sprays or other helpers to keep your makeup lasting all day and all night. Even with my oily lids, this stuff doesn't slide, crease or smudge anywhere. I've even worn Dinair eye makeup to a rave on a hot, humid summer day and by the end of the night, I looked as fresh as I did when I first applied it! No joke!
- Airbrushing is a lot more hygienic than using brushes and sponges; furthermore, it eliminates the need for a lot of tools. With one simple tool, you can create a full face look -- from eyebrows to blush to lip color -- Dinair has you covered!
Shall I go on?
- Dinair Airbush Foundation (custom mix: equal parts Nutmeg & Golden Tan)
- Dinair Airbrush Blush in Bronze Rose; Highlight: Harvest Pumpkin
- Dinair colors (custom mix: Jet Black & Practice Color) & Brow Shadow Guide (stencil) for shaping
- Bronze Rose -- crease
- Harvest Pumpkin (Sunset Citrus Collection) -- lid
- Gold (Pop Star Collection) -- inner corner & highlight under brow
- Dark Peach Pink (Sunset Citrus Collection) -- outer lid
- Jet Black -- eyeliner
- EYELASHES: Ardell #116 False Lashes, sprayed with Jet Black
- Dark Peach Pink (Sunset Citrus Collection)
- Moist & Dewy -- skin finisher
Airbrush Eye Makeup TIPS:
- For a diffused (blended) eye shadow look, spray the color about 2 inches away from the lid
- For a defined look (eyeliner and/or sharp edge), use a brow/shadow guide stencil and spray about 1 inch away from the lid
- Avoid hot spots by rocking the arm and guiding the airbrush to cover evenly
- Move the brow guide to create your perfect shape
- Colorful Eyeliner Trick: don't waste any color left over in the color cup. Collect the leftover color using a cosmetic q-tip and use it as eyeliner (I used this trick to create a concentrated flush of Harvest Pumpkin near the lash line)
This "Summer into Fall" transitional makeup look is great for school and/or work and can be completed within 15 minutes using the Dinair Airbrush Makeup Kit and any of the Color Collections. Show off your sun-kissed summer skin with warm golden neutrals and keep it fall appropriate and professional with peach lips and sharp brows.
Visit Dinair at www.airbrushmakeup.com and follow the company on Facebook & Twitter to learn how you can achieve your perfect complexion by being flawlessly Dinair-brushed :)))
Stay tuned for my "End of Summer" Party look coming soon!
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com