Bonjour mes amis! It's been a while since I've done a simple "Eye of the Day" post, so I figured I'd bring it back for Monday. This eye makeup is neutral, work appropriate, and can be replicated by anyone, so keep reading for the how-to and more pix!
Read more for pix, products & a tutorial
A must-have palette for the perfect, every day natural eye: Too Faced Natural Eye Collection
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Too Faced Natural Eye Collection
- Honey Pot -- center lid
- Push-Up -- lower lash line
- Velvet Revolver -- crease
- Sexpresso -- outer "v" & crease
- Heaven -- brow bone
- Silk Teddy -- highlight under brow
- Nude Beach -- inner corner
- Cocoa Puff -- outer top & bottom lash lines
- Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner in Shimmer Black
- Ardell lashes in 116 Black-- I use these a lot of every day looks; the length and curl of these lashes is just perfect
Natural Shimmery Eye How-To:
- Prime your eyes using Too Faced Shadow Insurance and allow it set.
- Using a flat shader brush and patting motions -- shimmery eyeshadows don't like to be swiped on -- apply Honey Pot onto the lid, leaving the outer corner blank.
- Next, take a stiff dome shaped brush and apply Velvet Revolver to the crease, blending slightly above, using windshield wiper motions.
- Use the same brush and small circular motions to emphasize the outer corner by applying Sexpresso to the blank outer portion of the lid. Clean the brush and reapply Velvet Revolver to the crease.
- With a stiff angled brush, outline underneath the brow using Heaven and bring the color down to meet Velvet Revolver.
- With the same brush, apply Silk Teddy right under the brow arch.
- Clean off the stiff angled brush and apply Honey Pot to the lower lash line.
- Use Cocoa Puff on the same brush to emphasize the outer top and bottom lash lines and wing it out in a cat eye style.
- Apply Nude Beach to the inner corner of the eye. To get the most out of the shimmers, apply the shadow on a slightly dampened brush.
- Line the top lash line using your favorite liquid or gel liner, and extend the wing a few mm. Complete the look with two coats of mascara and/or false lashes.
This look was worn in my bandage dress post from last month
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com