Bonjour mes amis!! It's a Friday Party on my wrist and fingertips! Featured today are some sparkling, studded and sleek bracelets from Stella & Dot, courtesy of my friend Aida -- an independent stylist with the company -- plus, a fresh, blinging mani to up the pizazz. Who's joining my arm party?
Read more for pix, tips & deets!
Stella & Dot, an Inc. 500 Fastest-Growing Company, is a San Francisco based social selling jewelry line that creates flexible entrepreneurial opportunities for women. Their boutique-style accessories line is available exclusively through in-home Trunk Shows by Independent Stylists like my friend Aida, as well as online. Stella & Dot's of a kind collections are featured in Gossip Girl, Harper's Bazaar and Marie Claire Magazine, as well as on the wrists and necklines of today's hottest celebrities.
Hayden Panettiere wearing Petra Fringe Earrings
Katherine Heigl wearing S&D Bahari Necklace & Serenity Drop Earrings;
Brooke Burke wearing S&D Serenity Necklace
Stella & Dot pieces are absolutely exquisite and well-made, hence the success and cult following are not one bit surprising. Check out these #StellaDotStyle fan photos on Instagram; will you be joining the club?
I SURE AM!!!
Bracelets (L to R):
- Pyramid Double Wrap Bracelet in Cognac -- this tough, studded, leather wrap-around bracelet is my every day staple. The sturdy Italian leather band is earthy and unpretentious, while the gold-plated pyramid studs are tough and empowering, decorating the wrist with confidence and comfort for any occasion. Wear this versatile bracelet alone or stacked like I am -- it works any way you pair it!
- Copper Cupchain Bracelet -- dainty and antique, this rose gold cupchain is set with peach Swarovski crystals & handwoven onto a bronze plated chain. Add a dose of luxury to any outfit with this simple stunner! As seen in Elle Magazine.
- Serpent Bangle -- if you know me, you know this piece is my favorite :) Inspired by a vintage bracelet, the two serpents unite at the center of a brass mesh bangle. Wear this bracelet to dress up and/or add an exotic edge to any look -- this piece is simply irresistible!
STYLING TIP: Stella & Dot bracelets & bangles can be worn alone, but are meant for stacking. Don't be afraid to mix metals and textures, creating fun combinations that are unique to your taste and personality! My style is part girly, part tough, with a hint of Eastern flair in almost all of my choices. These bracelets, picked out by Aida, match my personality to the T!
I was so inspired, I even created a mixed-metals-ombré-glitter-gradient nail art!
This nail design is glam, yet edgy; and can be worn casually, as well as to a formal affair. I created a neutral gradient effect from left to right, using darker bronze-brown colors on the outer fingernails graduating to a lighter silver-gray on the thumbs. I also went for an ombre effect on each nail using metallic polishes and glitter of various shades.
Products & Tools:
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s71 Rock & Roll (brown)
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s19 (coffee)
- Wild and Crazy Colors Nail Polish in Anchorage (gray w/ silver specs)
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s90 Silver Down (chrome silver)
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer (no name -- chrome gold)
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s120 (chrome bronze)
- Milani Jewel F/X Specialty Lacquer in Gold(chunky gold glitter)
- Milani Jewel F/X Specialty Lacquer in Silver(chunky silver glitter)
- Duri Rejuvacote Nail Growth System-- base / top coat
- Eyeshadow Applicator Sponges
This mixed metals nail design is über simple and uses only 1 or 2 colors for the ombré tip (not including glitter). I've done sponged gradients before, so I will skip the tutorial, as this post is already long enough. For detailed instructions on how to do gradient nails using a sponge, check out my colorful Aquatic Ombré Nail Art post.
Contact Aida to schedule your Stella & Dot trunk show in the NY area and/or inquire about entrepreneurial / career opportunities to earn gorgeous jewelry as an independent stylist and be a part of one of the fastest growing companies!!
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com