Hi-ya friends! Today's look is inspired by clovers, shamrocks and lucky charms and is dedicated to all of you who will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day on Sunday. Kelly green is in and perfect for spring weather, so get out your palettes & glitter and update your smokey eye!
Read on for tips, tricks & how-to!
The Main Ingredients: Lime Crime for St. Paddy's
Products Used (EYES):
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper (primer)
- Lime Crime Chinadoll Palette
- Goldfish (metallic yellow) -- worn on the inner corner highlight
- Jade-O-Lade (matte jade) -- used to blend out the transition
- Lotus Noir (matte black) -- used to deepen the outer "v"
- Lime Crime Alchemy Palette
- Lucky Charm (forest green shift) -- worn on the lid
- Lime Crime Aquataenia Palette
- Seahorse Discourse (tropical green shimmer) -- worn on the center lid
- Makeup Geek eyeshadow Beaches and Cream (matte peach beige) -- used for blending
- Lime Crime Uniliners
- Citreuse (neon chartreuse) -- inner corner / inner lower lash line
- Quill (shiny black) -- top lash line
- Lime Crime Zodiac Glitter in Capricorn (forest green glitter) or
- NYX glitter liner in Jade Green (used here)
- Red Cherry lashes #WSP --Wispies are my favorite lashes, they go great with any look and always enhance the makeup without covering up any of the lid color. Get yours at HBwigs.com.
- 10% OFF COUPON: MARYAMM10
Products Used (LIPS):
- Lime Crime lipstick in Coquette (pale peach nude) -- this is my favorite nude lipstick of all time!
- Lime Crime Carousel Gloss in Golden Ticket (gold gloss) -- used on the outer corners
Kelly Green Glitter Smokey Eyes How-To:
- Prime the lids and lower lash line and allow a few seconds for the primer to set.
- Using a flat stiff brush, apply Lucky Charm (shimmery forest green) eyeshadow all over the lid and lower lash line.
- Use Lotus Noir (matte black) on a pointed detailing brush and darken the outer "V" of the eye.
- Blend out the harsh edges with Jade-o-Lade (matte jade) on a fluffy brush and follow with a neutral beige shadow (Beaches and Cream) to blend out the transition above the crease.
- Highlight the inner corner with Goldfish (metallic yellow) and the center of the lid with Seahorse Discourse (tropical green shimmer).
- Outline the inner corner of the eye with Citreuse (neon chartrese) liner and line the top lash line with Quill (shiny black).
- Apply green glitter all over the lid and inner corner and complete the look with wispy fashes lashes and mascara on the bottom lashes.
The Hair Story: Bangs, Layers & Highlights
My Hair Story: As much as I love to switch up my makeup, my hairstyle hasn't changed in almost 10 years. I've always been hesitant about going shorter and have never dyed my hair in my life. Having said that, I do enjoy seasonal change and have a vast collection of wigs to fit every mood and style of my makeup and clothing. I am a proud wig collector and today's layered number is the latest addition to my wigs closet! Hey, if Beyonce can do it, why can't Maryam Maquillage? ;)
The Wig: Natasha by MagicTouch
Description: Sleek and smooth on top, layered and wavy in the back + long, side-swept bangs. This synthetic hair wig features subtle caramel highlights which pop against the dark chocolate base and give the style some texture and dimension. Natasha by MagicTouch comes in 10 colors, ranging from black to blond to everything in between and is a great addition to your spring wardrobe. The color featured here (FS4/27) is slightly darker than my natural hair color, so it's a slight, but noticeable change overall. The wig isn't overly shiny, so it looks pretty natural in real life. I love pairing it with bright eyeshadow and nude lips to create contrast and subtle drama.
Kiss me, I'm Lucky :)
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com