Bonjour mes belles! It's finally sunny in New York and I'm taking full advantage. I'm back after a brief hiatus and on this Manic Monday, I'm focusing on Makeup, Hair & Nails -- a little bit of everything for every beauty lover out there. Today's look is all about the warm tones featuring bright yellow, coral, green, marigold and orange. Although there are a lot of colors, don't be intimidated, this look is quite easy and is totally ready-to-wear!
Let's get started!
Bronzed & Bright
The Look: Sun-Kissed Skin, Bright Eyes, Coral Lips and Big Hair Don't Care :)
Skin: My forehead is already showing signs of a slight tan, so to amplify the effect, I used:
- Too Faced Bronzed & Poreless Bronzer -- all over my face, focusing on the high points to give the illusion of a fresh tan. This warm-tone bronzer is absolutely matte and is infused with skin-smoothing properties to minimize fine lines and pores. Bronzed & Poreless is great for contouring and evening out your new tan and is also a fantastic choice for anyone with oily skin. I am in love with this all-in-one genius bronzer and highly recommend it -- it's a summertime must-have!
- Too Faced Sweetheart Beads Radiant Glow Face Powder -- used all over the face to brighten the complexion and give the skin a radiant glow. Another must-have, this finishing powder is both beautifully made and beautiful on the skin. To apply, simply twirl a fluffy kabuki brush over the heart-beads and dust the brush over your cheekbones, nose bridge, collarbone and anywhere you want to glow.
Eyes: Bright, vibrant, wearable and flattering. For this look, I used my favorite Makeup Geek eyeshadows and some gorgeous new lashes from House of Lashes:
- Primer: Urban Decay primer potion
- Makeup Geek eyeshadows:
- Lemon Drop -- bright yellow with a slight sheen (lid)
- Mandarine -- bright orange with gold sparkles (outer lid)
- Creme Brulee -- soft matte sand (crease & blending)
- Pixie Dust -- shimmery lime (lower lash line)
- Cocoa Bear -- matte warm brown (outer crease)
- Makeup Geek gel liner in Fame -- gorgeous dark shimmery teal (top lash line)
- Makeup Geek gel liner in Treasure -- shimmery bright yellow (inner corner)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Covet Waterproof liner in Vert -- lower lash line
- House of Lashes in Au Naturale -- Hand-made from 100% human hair, these lashes are perfect for any occasion. I love the clear, flexible band allowing for a more precise and even application. Au Naturale is a great pair of everyday lashes to complement and tone down a bright eye makeup look, plus it's a perfect choice for daytime wear.
Bright Eyes How-To:
- Prime the lids and allow for the primer to set.
- Using a flat brush, apply Lemon Drop all over the lid, focusing on the inner half. Clean off the brush and apply Mandarine on top, from the center to the outer corner, focusing the product on the outer half of the lid.
- Blend out the edge using Creme Brulee on a fluffy brush. Intensify the outer crease using Cocoa Bear.
- Line the lower lash line with a waterproof liner (Vert) and seal with a bright lime shadow (Pixie Dust).
- Line the top lash line using Fame on an angled liner brush and add a bit of Treasure to the inner corner.
- Apply mascara to the bottom lashes and complete the look with a pair of flirty, natural false lashes.
Complete the makeup with a bright coral pout. My favorite coral lipstick of the moment is Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Juicy Melons -- I love the creamy texture, the vibrant finish, the silky-smooth formula and the pink coral shade is simply TDF... to die for!!
- Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Juicy Melons -- great for all skin tones and looks awesome against a fresh tan!
For my mani-pedi combo, I've chosen florals in bright golden hues. On my toes, I'm wearing:
- Incoco Real Nail Polish Appliqués in Garden Party (also on my accent nails) -- beautiful blooming marigold, so perfect for the season!
On my nails, I'm wearing:
- Incoco Real Nail Polish Appliqués in Mango Tango Tips
- Ginger & Liz Colour Collection Polishes -- used for the accent nails and hand-painted by Valley NYC at a recent Giner & Liz / FCUK Spring Nail Art Event -- reviews to come!
For my mermaid curls, I used:
- NuMe Reverse 13mm-25mm Classic Curling Wand -- to curl the locks away from the face.
- The Reverse Wand is narrower at the base and wider at the tip resulting in tighter curls at the roots and softer, more separated curls at the ends. This wand gives lots of lift and body at the roots, so it's perfect for cuts with long layers or no layers.
- Styling Tip: Separate the hair down the center, and curl 1 inch sections at a time, placing the wand behind the hair to curl the strands away from the face.
- NuMe Arganics Argan Oil -- to add softness and to finger-separate the curls
60% OFF Promo Code: maryam60
*Also Good for -- Curling Wands: Titan 3, Curl Jam, 3 Sum and 4PLAY, as well as classic curling wands and magic curling wands. Flat irons: silhouette, couture, vintage, fashionista and in vogue. Last but not least, get 60% OFF on Classic hair dryer or Signature hair dryer. This coupon code expires at the end of July, so hurry up and get your summer hair on! Don't forget to enter the code at checkout.
Feelin' Sunny :)
*Some product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com