Bonjour mes belles!! Today's nail post is one of my happiest and needs no introduction, so if you like the happy rainbows on my tips, look no further and read the full post for details, tips, and pix!
How-to? Check out my tips!!
Nail polishes used:
From Left to Right:
- Duri Rejuvacote base / top coat-- the one and only Base and the one and only Top coat I ever use
- Brucci Nail Hardener in French Petal -- the perfect French pink, this color looks gorgeous on yellow and olive skin tones
For the Rainbow Tips (L to R):
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in Redbeach Towel #s77
- Quirius Nail Lacquer in Sunshine Energy 322
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in Yellow Up #88A
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s27
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in Sky Blue #s83
- Quirius Nail Lacquer in Love Is Blue 573
- Soo Nails Nail Lacquer in #s28
I'm typically not a huge fan of long nails, but because this colorful design has been on my mind since my Hot & Spicy Nails creation from a couple weeks ago, I decided to grow out my claws to give this happy inspiration a try. I used the exact same technique to paint this creative "French" manicure as I did with my original design, so if you're interested in duplicating this look, check out the tutorial here. Some tips to help you get started:
- Rainbow arches look better on oval nail shapes, so round out those square tips to create arched nail beds for a matching canvas.
- Given that this nail design is meant for longer nails, make sure to leave at least 1 mm of space for each color that you use for the arches. I used 7 colors and started the rainbow tip 2 mm below my tip root, hence, my nails are 5 mm long.
- Use better quality nail polishes to ensure opaque coverage. You only want to have one layer of each color. The Soo Nails polishes tend to be very opaque and super affordable, so this is my #1 brand for nail art. I usually get these at any local beauty supply store in the NY/NJ area.
- Don't worry about creating perfect lines and symmetrical arches, just trust your hands and enjoy the process -- I guarantee your design will come out better if you don't panic :)
Happy Rainbows make the day A-OKAY!!!
Speaking of RAINBOWS...
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR MY "EYE OF THE TROPICS" Look on Makeupbee: (if you're already a member of Makeupbee, just click on one of the of the links below and hit LIKE so it turns pink)
1. Log in to themakeupbee.com
2. Go to Current Competition: Bee Colorful
3. Vote by Liking my look "Eye of the Tropics"
Thanks a BEE-LLION!!!