Salut mes amis!! Glossybox* July is here and I couldn't be more excited about this month's edition! Not only am I reviewing it in the month that it belongs, but I'm also delighted because it is one of my favorite boxes so far with three generously sized samples and two full sized products.
Read more for deets :)
July's Glossy theme: Summer Nights
The products in this month's Glossybox are truly great and perfect for the summer. I already have a few instant favorites, can you guess what they are?
- Figs & Rouge Lip, Face & Body Balm -- full sized product
- I'm drawn to all things retro, so seeing this cute tin immediately put a smile on my face. This 100% pure and natural multi-use skin balm smooths and soothes your rough patches while leaving a gorgeous geranium scent that is sweet and sophisticated at the same time. I've been wearing this balm on my lips for two days straight -- even at night -- and I can't tell you how much I'm loving it. The scent really reminds me of my grandmother's garden back in Southern Russia, so this product has even pulled on my emotional strings. Instant favorite, this versatile balm now lives in my every day makeup bag!
- I've really been obsessed with hair products as of lately, so this shampoo was happily welcomed. Although my hair has never been dyed and this product is meant for color-treated hair, I found it to be really strengthening and moisturizing even for my virgin strands. Perhaps, a mild shampoo is exactly the TLC that my hair needed!
- How cool is it to receive a shampoo AND conditioner in one box? Pretty awesome, if you ask me! I love the fact that this conditioner comes out like a mousse, but melts into a smooth, nourishing cream. This is definitely different, but who doesn't love trying out new, innovative products? The conditioner felt very nourishing and smelled great, as well. I must say, I loved seeing the results. My hair felt stronger, shinier and heavier. This is exactly what I've been looking for, so I'm definitely intrigued and will be looking into the Sebastian line further on.
- Because I live in flip flops, my feet are always the first to get tan and definitely require extra care and frequent "scrubbage" in the summer time. For this reason, I was very pleased to receive this super intensive minty-fresh foot balm. I enjoyed applying this product on my feet after a shower and seeing the noticeably smoother effect it had on my skin. Out of all the products, I think this one may be seen as the underdog (sadly, not a lot of people pay attention to their feet), but really this product is a dark horse, because it is so essential for the summer and really gets the job done.
- The moment I opened the Glossybox, the shine and sparkle of this double-ended lip product hit me in the eye like a lighting bolt and I was in love ever since. This vitamin packed conditioning lip lacquer contains light reflecting pigments, making your lippies appear fuller and plumper. The thicker formula of the product helps it last longer than most glosses and though it's a bit sticky, this is the key to keeping a lip product from smudging, fading and/or bleeding. The two colors are just stunning and go perfectly with my sun-kissed summer skin. I've never heard of Senna Cosmetics before, but this brilliant lip lacquer definitely sparked my interest, so I'm eager to try out more of their products. Thanks Glossybox!
- Featuring notes of red currant, rich vanilla, sweet lemon, spicy ginger and a hint of sugar, this intoxicating scent will make you fall in love.
Check out my GLOSSYBOX makeup look, using:
- Senna Cosmetics Double Dose Lip Lacquer -- coral pink on my top lip and coral orange on my bottom lip
- Ofra Cosmetics Eye Shadow ICE (from June's Glossybox) -- used on the outer corner of my eye
- Cargo Eye Bronzer (from April's debut Glossybox) -- used on the center lid and inner part of my eye
A closer eye look:
VERDICT: July's Glossybox is one of my favorites. The products show a great range, use and versatility. I really feel that a lot of thought went into compiling this month's box, and the love shows. I'm very pleased with the sizes of the samples and especially impressed with the inclusion of two full sized products (one of which is a 2-for-1). As I've said it before, I'll say it again: Glossybox is the most luxurious, high end beauty sampling subscription service of its kind and in my honest opinion, it cannot be beat!
*The product/s in this post were sent for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com