Salut mes amis!! Take out your makeup crayons and join me in today's celebration of life, love, equality and pride for this year's Pride Week! June is the official LGBT Pride Month, with this week being celebrated across the globe with hundreds of gay pride parades, marches, festivals and other events. New York City is home to the first parade commemorating the June 28, 1969 Stonewall Riots in Greenwich Village, which signify the beginning of the modern LGBT rights movement. Today, gay pride is symbolized with the rainbow flag and the annual pride parade is a huge part of our NYC culture. Need more of a reason to wear rainbow colors? I think NOT!
Read more for deets & inspiration!
Rainbow Makeup -- the Happiest Makeup of All!!
- Lime Crime Uniliners Liquid Liners -- these rainbow liners are intense, precise, bright, and popping! Everyone should have these, so if you don't, stop snoozing and click on the link immediately!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Hypercolor Brow & Lash Tint -- want blue brows and lashes? How about pink? Look no further -- you've found them!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Hypercolor Hair Powder -- add a dash of flash to your hair without the dye, bleach or damage! Wipe-on, wash-out -- it's as simple as that!
- LASplash Cosmetics Waterproof Mascara -- don't let the heat & sweat ruin your colorful maquillage. These mascaras are waterproof, foolproof & bulletproof -- even though they hail from LA, they are a NYer's favorite!
- Coloured Raine Glitter Star Gazers -- a rainbow celebration is simply impossible without glitter! These cosmetic-grade glitters by Coloured Raine come in a wide array of colors and can be used on the eyes, nails, lips or face!
- NYX Cosmetics glitter liners -- accentuate your cat eye with a glitter wing or add glitter lash extentions to your lower lash line for the ultimate in rainbow glam!
- SweetPea & Fay J'Adore Les Levres artisan crafted liquid lipsticks -- these vibrant lip cremes come in a wide selection of colors, including sorbets, neons, and neutrals; and can be easily mixed to create any fun gradient!
- Coastal Scents Palettes -- by offering virtually every possible color in the spectrum, you simply can't go wrong with a CS palette. Get a matte 88-color palette and be set for the parade, or get them all and be set for life!
- R -- Makeup Geek lipstick in Ravishing (True Red)
- O -- Red Apple lipstick in Sunkissed (Golden Orange)
- Y -- OCC Lip Tar Stained Gloss in Voyeur (yellow glaze)
- G -- Lime Crime opaque lipstick in Serpentina (green)
- B -- SweetPea & Fay Liquid Lipstick in Yeti (bright blue)
- I -- Coloured Raine Uncensored Lipstick in Dragenista (true indigo)
- V -- MAC Cosmetics lipstick in Violetta (violet)
Here are my top three rainbow makeup faves / inspirations from my awesome beauty blogger friends:
- Yumemi Sakai MUA: Rainbow Lips (top left) -- the perfect plump gradient done with Make Up For Ever Flash Palette & sealed with Sugarpill eyeshadows! Juicy!!
- Bows & Courtseys: Radiant Rainbow Liner (bottom left) -- the most popular rainbow look on the internet, and for a good reason -- check out Ronnie's tutorial here!
- Pigments & Palettes: Rainbow Gradient Star Mask (right) -- Meredith's ethereal take on rainbow makeup makes me smile from ear to ear, it's just perfect!
And here are some of my own rainbow looks from the past! Some of these have tutorials, some don't, so click on the links for more information and inspiration :)
- "Unikorn Winkers" Rainbow Liner using Lime Crime Uniliners (top left)
- Pastel Rainbow Cut-Crease using Lime Crime Palette d'Antoinette (bottom left)
- Rainbow Tips Nail Art using various polishes (top center)
- Glitter Gradient using NYX glitter liners (bottom center)
- "Marilyn Makiaj" character makeup using various cosmetics (right)
Since every rainbow makeup concept has been done and redone by everybody, it was a bit hard to come up with a new idea, so this time, I decided to keep it simple. Here goes :))
DIY Rainbow Glitter Lashes
Rainbow Glitter Lashes How-To:
- Curl your lashes and apply colorful mascara and/or liquid liner on the top and bottom lashes. I'm using:
- Lime Crime Uniliner in Citreuse (inner half of the top lashes)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Hypercolor Brow & Lash Tint in
- My falsies: Red Cherry #01 from HBbeautyBar.com
- I'm using: Coloured Raine Glitz Fix glitter adhesive -- features a non-sticky gentle formula that's safe to use on the eye area
- Coloured Raine Cosmetic Glitter Star Gazers in:
- Coloured Raine Loose Glitter Eyeshadow in Poizon (outer lower lashes)
- NYX Cosmetics candy glitter liner in Aqua (outer top lashes)
I kept the rest of my face somewhat simple with glowing iridescent blush, stained pink glossy lips and natural color brows.
- Blush: Sweet Pea & Fay Strangely Wearable Blushes in Galaxy Gal (apples) and Sonic Conniption (tops of cheekbones)
- These are the most gorgeous blushes to have ever landed on planet earth and they are absolute must-haves -- not just for the parade, but for every joyous occasion of your life!
- Lips: OCC lip tar stained gloss in New Wave
...and I'm not done yet!
Dress up your rainbow makeup with this ÜBER CUTE Rainbow headband bow from Juicy Bows -- the most perfect accessory for the celebration of PRIDE!!! This bow is super comfy, soft, and hand-made with love. This baby can be purchased through Juicy Bows' Etsy Store: check out the rest of the line's adorable bows, turbans, and other hair accessories.
For my Colorful Braid, I used Anastasia Beverly Hills latest Hypercolor Hair Powders in Royal, Redlicious and Lola-Lilac.
Happy Pride!! Wink Wink!!!
*Some product/s in this post were provided for my consideration and review. The opinion stated is 100% my own.
Maryam Maquillage © 2013. www.maryammaquillage.com