Bonjour mes belles! The weekend is here, yet this fall NY weather is a bit somber, so what better way to spice up your Saturday night than by rocking a fierce classic smokey eye! For today's special, I've prepared a long post, including a pictorial-tutorial and a VIDEO tutorial, walking you through this must-have makeup look. This is one of my most requested tutorials and I'm using my favorite smokey eye palette: Lancome "Gris Fatale". At the end of the post, you'll find my OOTN (outfit of the night) to show you how I wore this look just a few days ago :)
Read more for VIDEO, products list & tutorial!
Classic Shimmery Gunmetal Smokey Eye
Products Used (in order of appearance):
- Lancome La Base Aquatique #3 Nude
- Lancome Brush #8
- Lancome "Gris Fatale" Palette
- Lancome Brush #23
- Lancome Brush #16
- Lancome Brush #17
- Lancome "Black Fishnets" gel liner
- Lancome Brush #11
- Lancome Brush #24
- Lancome Definicils Waterproof Mascara in Black
- LASHES: Flutter Lashes "Stella"
Classic Smokey Eye How-To:
- Prime the lid with Lancome La Base Aquatique in Nude. Apply the lightest shadow from the palette to the inner corner and brow bone. Next, outline the eye socket or crease with the gunmetal shade on brush #16.
- Using a clean brush #17 and windshield wiper motions, "erase" any harsh lines, then use circular motions to "spread" the shadow and create the smokey effect.
- Using brush #8, apply Black Fishnets gel liner all over the blank movable lid as a base for the next shadow.
- Using brush #11, add the silver, metallic taupe and black shades on top of the black base, to the inner, center and outer portions of the lid, respectively.
- Rim the entire eye and waterline with Black Fishnets gel liner on brush #24. Tight-line the top waterline to get the extra smoldering effect.
- Smudge the lower lash liner with brush #24, apply mascara and/or falsies.
Vest: Black Halo
Shirt: J. Crew
Necklace / Earrings: ILY Couture
Bracelet: Stella & Dot