Salut mes amis :)
Happy Friday! In today's post, I'm showing off a slightly different side of me--a darker, vampier, more gothic style and makeup look to match. Fact: my makeup love and addiction started with gothic dressing and hairstyles when I was about 13... I was all about embracing the darkness, so going back to my Buffy days is very reminiscent and nostalgic. The maquillage I'm showcasing today is nowhere near as fancy and intricate as I used to wear in my teenage years, but it still has that dark appeal and essence. As you know, my makeup looks are often inspired by "such and such," but I always try to keep them as modern and wearable as possible (unless otherwise stated :) Here's my makeup look of the day: The Modern Gothika--perfect for anyone who likes to tip toe on the Dark Side mwa-ha-ha :)))
Read more for pix & details :)
I created this look as a counterpart to my vampy, Halloween inspired, gradient nails. With Black Blood on my fingertips, I just couldn't bring myself to wear anything sweet and romantic :)) P. S. my ring belonged to my grandmother and her grandmother, so it's a true antique that is perfect for a period piece ensemble :)
--I used two cream shadows from Buxom, applied them with my ring finger and set them with matching shimmery powder eye shadows.
--Next, I lined my top lash line and extended the inner wing towards my nose.
--I applied two coats of mascara to my top and bottom lashes, lined my waterlines with a nude liner and finished off the look with purple lip gloss. Voila!
Products Used (EYES):
- Buxom stay-there eyeshadow in Pug (silver) --applied on the lid
- Buxom stay-there eyeshadow in Schnauzer (purple)--applied on the crease and brow bone
- Urban Decay e/s in Hustle--used to set Schnauzer
- Rimmel e/s in Silver from the Smokey Noir quad--used to set Pug
- Urban Decay e/s in Virgin--used in the inner corner
- Clinique brush-on cream liner in True Black
- Carlo di Rossi nude eyeliner (waterline)
- Yanqina 2-in-1 mascara
Products Used (LIPS):
- Revlon super lustrous lipstick in Berry Haute
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity gloss in Paiette
Dark but never dreary :)
Stay true to your Gothika look with velvet and lace :)
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com