Salut mes belles!! Christmas is right around the corner, so today's look is once again reflective of the holiday spirit using green as the quintessential color of Xmas. If you know me and have been following my blog for a while, then you know that green in not typical in my color palette and I only embrace it on special occasions. Today is that day and I'm wearing green proudly, thanks to Motives Cosmetics whose green glitter is the prettiest I've ever laid my eyes on! For this popular look, I'm mixing up a couple of styles, particularly "East meets West" rocking a celeb-inspired fringe and some gorgeous exotic hand-made earrings from my fave Eastern jewelry line Innaya Couture.
Read more for deets, tips & more pix!
Dress: Custo Barcelona
The Look: Glam, edgy, exotic with a focus on heavy metal glittering lids and smoldering lash lines. Well sculpted features; soft, pinkish lips. Tousled ponytail & trendy fringe.
Products Used (EYES): use code MARYAMNYC when shopping for Motives
- Motives Eye Shadow Base
- Motives Eyeshadows
- Heavy Metal
- Motives Gel Liner in Little Black Dress
- Motives Glitter Adhesive
- Motives Glitter Pot in Karma
- Motives 15-piece Professional Brush Set
Lashes: House of Lashes "Pixie Luxe"
Holiday Glitter Smokey Eye How To:
- Apply eye base all over the lid. Using a pointed crease brush, apply Cappuccino eyeshadow to the crease and blend well.
- With an angle liner brush, line the top lash line, extend and thicken the outer wing. Blend the wing towards the center of the lid and avoid any sharp edges. You want the line to be somewhat messy.
- Using a contour brush, blend out the wing of the liner using Vino eyeshadow. Add vino to the crease to deepen the smokiness.
- Using a flat brush, apply Heavy Metal eyeshadow all over the movable lid and inner corner, meeting with the wing.
- Clean off the same brush and apply Karma glitter on top of Heavy Metal. TIP: use glitter adhesive to help it stick and last longer.
- Line the bottom lash line and waterline using LBD gel liner and seal the bottom lash line with Heavy Metal eyeshadow. Apply mascara and false lashes to complete the look.
- To request a catalogue or place an order, send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow Innaya Couture on Instagram and Facebook
Products Used (SKIN):
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Primer
- Motives Cosmetics liquid powder foundation in Almond
- Motives Full Coverage Photo Finish Powder in Neutral Medium
- Motives Shape & Sculpt Duo -- used to contour and highlight the nose and jawline
HAIR: layered long fringe and ombré ponytail inspired by Kelly Rowland from Dec 4th X Factor
- Bangs: HB Beauty Bar easiFringe clip-in bangs in Brown (use code MaryamM10 to get 10% OFF on any merchandise from HB Beauty Bar)
- Ponytail: BK Unique Hair 20" Human Hair extensions in Chestnut (use code MARYAMNYC for a discount)
and here's moi without the fringe :))
Smooches my darlings & Happy Holidays!!!