Salut mes belles!! The above collage is a selection of my picks for best Golden Globes 2012 hair and makeup. In this post, I'm policing the fashions as well as the beauty choices, so read more to see my picks for best and worst dressed celebs of the 69th annual Golden Globes awards :))
Read the rest to see my fashion ratings!
- Emma Stone--ravishing and mysterious in purple Lanvin. Her piercing cat eyes and grungy accessories enhance her dark princess look. Beautiful and dramatic!
- Angelina Jolie never disappoints--flawless from head-to-toe in Atelier Versace gown and clutch. Her world-famous lips are perfectly accentuated with a matching red lipstick. Glorious and sultry!
- Glee's naughty girl Dianna Agron is radiant like the shining sun. Her dress, made by Giles Deacon got a lot of mixed reviews from the fashion police, but in my book, she's hit a high note!
Surprisingly Statuesque Stunners: A
- Salma Hayek is back and better than ever!! I absolutely adore her art deco shimmery Gucci number--her ombre hair and perfect makeup complement this gown beautifully!
- Maria Menounos isn't afraid of curve hugging yellow and she has no reason to be--her sparkly yellow dress is absolutely sensational!
- Nicole Kidman looks like a wax statue, but a statue nonetheless :) Her flesh-tone studded Versace dress certainly catches the eye!
Always on Top: A- / B+
- Helen Mirren is incredibly gorgeous and perfect all the time! Her choices are always spot-on and she never misses a beat in style. My only tiny criticism is the bling... perhaps less is more?
- Jessica Alba gave birth six month ago and is already wearing strapless?!! I love her ensemble, but wish it was a tad brighter...
Pretty but Predictable: B / B-
- A lot of critics raved and rated high, but in my humble opinion, Sofia Vergara's gown is a touch overrated. I'm also not in love with her makeup and lackluster flat hair... in other words, I've seen her look way hotter!
- Charlize Theron is... washed out much? Even that big bow doesn't brighten her appearance... lovely dress, but not for her. As a beauty blogger, I really want to paint her face too :/
Pretty Girl, Ugly Dress: C
- American Idol alum Katharine McPhee is usually stunning, but looks like a "T" in this unflattering, once again unfortunate, nude number...
- Freida Pinto is undeniably gorgeous, but why-oh-why did she choose that ill-fitting dress? The bottom of the dress looks like a house!
- Glee's bad girl Naya Rivera should fire her stylist!!! Whoever chose that hospital gown of a dress must have escaped from an institution. The only thing saving her is the flawless makeup.
The Frumpy Dumpies: D
- Maybe it's me, maybe it's not, but I really don't get the frumpy dumpy look these former teen-drama mamas are rockin'... the dress on Claire Danes is neither pretty nor is it so-called feminine, and the old lady bag on Michelle Williams is not even worthy enough for the Creek...
The Freakshow: F
- Hand in your fashion police badges Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic!!! Next, get rid of that ghostly gray hair, Kelly, and eat a muffin, Giuliana-skeletora! These two look like they got dressed in a coffin...
- Nothing out of the ordinary--just good ol' reliable Tilda Swinton--always gracing us with her Tales From the Crypt fashion choices. What can I say, the freaks come out at red carpet events...
The Fashion Face-Off:
- Nicole Richie shines like a true star, serving justice to her sleek silver 70's throwback gown. The makeup, hair and blinging accessories play up her fun look, earning her an easy A.
- It seems as though Lea Michele is similar to the overachieving Rachel Berry she portrays on Glee. The actress hits a note too sharp in this overwhelming ensemble of sequins, shimmer, glitter and bling. Sometimes, trying too hard can result in an epic Fail: F
Editor's Note: I'd like to end this post on a positive, so please keep in mind that I wrote this assessment just for fun. By no means am I judging the work of these actresses / TV personalities; ONLY the fashion choices of their team of stylists. Let me know if I missed someone who deserved to be on my report card list and whether or not you agree with my best and/or worst picks! As always, thanks for reading!!!
All images in this post are borrowed from JustJared and OMG.Yahoo. All collages are designed by me, Maryam Maquillage.
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com