Bonjour mes amis! Beach season is here and I'm feeling inspired by all the summery elements of my favorite past time: Beach Bummin'! My eye of the day isn't something that I'd actually wear to the beach (I much prefer no makeup and lots of SPF), but it is an artistic embodiment of all the goodies one can find there: the luminous sun, the warm sand, the refreshing waves, and the clear blue sky. In fact, this bright fun look can be worn to a beach bonfire party and/or would be perfect for any other summer night out!
Read along to find out how it's done!
Sorry for the single photo, my camera was not cooperating (happens to everyone) and this is the best shot I could find in the sea of unfocused and overblown images. womp womp :/
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Naked e/s -- crease & blend
- Buck e/s -- crease
- CARGO Eye Bronzer-- inner & outer lid
- Ben Nye liner in White -- waterline (under shadow)
- Lime Crime Chinadoll Palette
- Goldfish -- center lid
- Parasol -- waterline
- Revlon Colorstay liquid liner in Shimmer Black
- NYX pencil liner in Dark Brown -- outer lower lash line
- NYX candy glitter liner in Gold-- inner lower lash line
- Ardell Lashes #116
HOW-TO: Sparkly, Sunny, Beachy Eyes
- Prime your eyes and allow the primer to dry.
- Using a flat eyeshadow brush and patting motions, apply the shimmery yellow (Goldfish) all over the center of your lid.
- With the same brush, apply a shimmery gold shadow (Eye Bronzer) to the inner and outer lid using the same technique.
- With a fluffy dome shaped brush and windshield wiper motions, apply a neutral matte shadow (Naked) to your crease, right above the gold and shimmery yellow blending out the edges.
- Deepen your crease with a slightly darker matte shadow (Buck) using the same technique and brush.
- Line the waterline using a white pencil liner (Ben Nye) and pat on a bright blue shadow (Parasol) directly on top, using a small dense brush. P. S. I got this cool tip from my girl Meredith Jessica :)) Check out her gorgeous sunset eye look here.
- Line the top lash line extending the wing using a black liquid liner (Revlon Shimmer Black) and sharpen the outer lower lash line with a brown pencil liner. Smudge out the lower lash line with your pinky.
- Highlight the inner lower lash line with a gold glitter liner (NYX Gold) and apply your lashes to complete the look.
One of my favorite beaches: Luquillo Beach, Puerto Rico
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com