Bonjour mes amis :))
Hope this post finds you in the best of spirits!! My spirits are rock solid as always, and can not be shaken no matter how hard anyone tries to rock the boat hehe... As some of you may know, my blog content (as well as other bloggers' content) has been stolen and though it's super lame, I'm making LAMEONADE and handling it the serious route. The spammer has been reported for abuse in areas of copyright infringement, impersonation and spam and I've done my best to contact other bloggers who have been affected by this. I'm also taking precautions and posting this at the end of every blog post, because I am copyrighted:
Maryam Maquillage © 2011-2012. www.maryammaquillage.com
On to more positive news and my maquillage du jour, I'm finishing the month off with a fun, flirty daytime look perfect for tan summer skin plus some snippets from my life. Here's a preview ;)
and a quality up-close :)
Read more for pix of makeup, food, life & moi :)
The Maquillage: wear this look anywhere and for any occasion. Gold brings out every eye color and coral lipstick looks great against any skin tone. These pix were taken about a month ago, so my tan wasn't quite in full glory, though my hair already started lightening up as it does every summer.
To achieve this makeup look, I used my Coastal Scents Metal Mania palette for the eyes and Nars Niagara on my lips. I filled in my eyebrows with a brown pencil instead of my usual charcoal to match my lighter hair a bit better. I find it weird that my brows stay black no matter the season and the hair on my head couldn't be more sensitive to the sun. Must be my mix!!
- Prime the eyes with a primer (Urban Decay primer potion or NYX white base)
- Using a flat brush and swift patting motions, apply the gold all over your lid (staying under the crease)
- Using a fluffy brush and windshield wiper motions, apply a matte taupe color to your crease blending well with the gold
- To deepen the crease, apply a matte brown shadow to the outer "v" and under the lower lash line using a pencil brush
- Blend out the outer "v" with a fluffy brush
- Highlight the inner corner with a pearly white shadow using any brush
- Line the top lash line with a black or brown gel liner and wing it out. My fave is Clinique cream liner in True Black and Black Honey (shimmery brown).
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara to top and bottom lashes
Nars Niagara lipstick is the most gorgeous lip color ever--it brightens the complexion without being too loud or over the top. It is my favorite daytime lipstick hands dooown!! For $24 a pop, I would love to find a cheaper dupe, but the quality is unmatchable, so I guess it's well worth it.
Now, on to some summerly snippets :)))
1. THERE'S JUST NOTHING LIKE: home-made Sangria on a hot summer day...
2. THERE'S JUST NOTHING LIKE: Mama's fresh cold borsch on a hot summer day mmm... I just LOVE having a RUSSIAN mother!!! Love you mama <3
3. THERE'S JUST NOTHING LIKE: Eclectic naturemortes... fruits, real cotton balls, roses, vintage glassware, and plateware from Uzbekistan, Portugal & Central America
Finally, THERE'S JUST NOTHING LIKE
sitting in the shade after a great dinner and drinks,
influence tree on a hot summer day...
Random thought: Don't stress, distress... your jeans, that is :))
Also, don't forget to make lameonade out of any lameness that life throws your way :)))
Maryam Maquillage © 2012. www.maryammaquillage.com