Bonjour mes amis!! Today's post is showcasing a simple makeup look centered around creative eyeliner and nude lips. This maquillage may not be for every day, but it's not super dramatic either, so it's more of a concept, rather than an actual ready-to-wear look. As you know, I love to use my face as a canvas for makeup art, so this look is a work in progress :)) I'm trying to come up with my signature masterpiece haha... stay tuned!!
Read more for pix, deets and a re-cap of my go-to products :))
In the process of playing around with makeup and juxtaposing it to my features, I came up with what I think is a cool way to enhance my semi-Asian eyes. Everybody's eyes are different: mine have a small, barely there crease, hooded outer edges, epicanthic or epicanthal folds in the inner corners (typical in people of Asian descent), and are also quite asymmetrical. For the longest time, I hated the fact that my small lids prevented me from wearing dramatic eyeshadow looks like those girls with beautifully sunken eyes and loads of lid space. It wasn't until I started this blog that I found my niche and realized that working around my "challenging" features is actually quite interesting for a makeup artist--I get to be more creative with my techniques! Eh... no one's perfect, yet we're all unique, so finding out what works for us individually is, in fact, what one's signature style is all about.
To create this graphic eyeliner design with MY "signature" on it, I used the following products and application techniques:
- Urban Decay Primer Potionto prime my lids and lash line
- NYX eyeliner pencil in Taupeto outline and sharpen my natural eye crease
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck on a pencil brush to smudge the drawn crease line and blend it out
- Ben Nye eyeliner in White to the sharpen the contrast under the eyebrow
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Virgin to highlight the lid
- Clinique brush-on cream liner in True Blackto line the waterline, draw lash accents on the lower lash line and accent the crease with a winged liner
- Duo lash adhesive in Dark toneto glue the false lashes
- Ardell Demi 102 false lashesto add drama
On the rest of my FACE, I'm wearing:
- Maybelline lip polish in Baby Mauve-- you've seen me wear this one time and time again and I'm completely obsessed with it. It's my go-to "pale" lip gloss and I love it because it is completely opaque and lasts forever. The color is sort of like a "corpse bride" beige, but in a cool way :)) I used to think it was discontinued, but now I see it's back on amazon, so follow the link if you're interested in getting one :)))
- Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Medium-- My absolute favorite mineral foundation of all time. Heck, it's my favorite foundation of any type of all time!! I sincerely think this product has made my skin better and I strongly consider it THE ONE makeup product I cannot live without. I swear by Bare Minerals matte mineral foundation, would recommend it to anyone and I am NOT paid to say this :)
- Benefit Erase Paste concealer in Dark-- awesome concealer that never creases or fades! Another fave :))
- Benefit Cosmetics Benetint lip and cheek stain-- "old skool" stuff I've been using for ages. Want a natural flush? This is how you get it!
Q: What are your unique facial traits and how do you
accentuate them with your signature makeup style?
Q: What are some of your favorite, go-to products you can't live without?