Bonjour mes amis! It's the post you've all been waiting for: my monthly review of the Glossybox! The theme of February's edition is International Style, but since the month was short and I'm posting this in March -- I'm taking a slightly different approach to today's review and makeup look. With Spring just around the corner, I've been slowly introducing a brighter theme into my beauty routine and Voila! -- Glossybox delivered a bevy of products to add pops of color and bling! to the face and fingertips. Once again, it's a box that has covered it all to keep us glowing & glossy as we dive into Spring. Shall we?
Read on for reviews and so much more!
Glossybox -- February Edition
February's box features five luxury items: four full-sized products and one deluxe sample (I actually had to double-check the Bulgari soap to make sure it was, in fact, a sample). As always, the products come in my favorite sturdy pink box (which I use to store nail polishes), wrapped in my favorite pink bow (which I occasionally use as a headband) and a sweet greeting from Susan, Glossybox's glamorous CEO and a complete DOLL in real life!
On to the review!
1. BVLGARI Eau Parfumée Au Thé Blanc Savon -- deluxe sample
- This divine-scented White Tea soap is so luxurious and beautiful, that it took me days to open it. The wrapper alone is so delicate and classy! Truth be told, I don't enjoy shopping for bath & body products and would probably never spend $30 on soap, but that's why I have my fairy godmother: the Glossybox. She always takes care of the bare necessities like soap, but only includes the most glamorous products! Glossybox sure spoils me and always makes me feel a princess :)
2. Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Wild Lilac -- full size
- I've never heard of Da Vinci Cosmetics, but I'm really pleased with this loose pigment shimmery shadow. The powder goes on really smoothly and lasts fairly long. Granted, makeup is my thang and I can say that I know how to wear it, but I will add that the minimal fallout and awesome color pay-off can even be noticed and enjoyed by makeup newbies. This shimmer powder can be worn on the lids, as well as on the cheekbones, to highlight the high points of the face.
3. Lisi Cosmetics Eye Definition Cream Eyeliner in Tanzanite -- full size
- OMG it's another Glossy eye makeup product!! This creamy eyeliner is easy to use, long-lasting and totally smudge-proof. The color I received, Tanzanite, is a gorgeous navy that looks great on all eye colors. Use this liner to define the top lash line and wing it out or wear under eyeshadow to provide it with a sultry base. I'm totally diggin' it!
For this look, I smudged a bit of Tanzanite on to the outer third of my lid and sealed it with Wild Lilac shimmer powder on top. I also dusted the shimmer all over my lid and slightly above the crease. Next, I lined my top lash line with Tanzanite, extended the wings in both corners and added a few vertical strokes to my lower lash line to imitate lashes. I finished the look with Black Mascara.
Nail Rock Nail Wraps
- I'm a self-proclaimed nail artist, so I fully enjoy and welcome new nail innovations. As a beauty blogger who posts nail art on the regular, I've been exposed to some of the best nail technology out there. Having said that, I've never been a fan of nail wraps and foils simply because they are not the best. Although they are easy to apply, there's just no escaping that bubbling and the edges never adhere quite as smoothly as does dry nail polish or even some of the better quality nail stickers. Nail wraps do offer some awesome shine, but it's the kind of shine that looks like foil and isn't something that I'm particularly drawn to.
- I will say, however, that I absolutely adore the tacky metallic giraffe print of these Nail Rock wraps and I will make them work, even if I have to put a coat of UV gel on top and masquerade them damn bubbles with even gaudier stud rhinestones lol...
Here's how they look, worn alone. Notice the bubbly edges on my thumb & pointer finger... tsk tsk...
Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro Gel Mask
5. Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro Gel Mask -- full size
- When I saw this product in the Glossybox, I literally squealed from excitement! I have tried Missha hydro masks before and I friggin' LOVE them! I generally love cloth masks, but Missha's contour my semi-Asian face better than any other brand I've tried and the results are outstanding! The mask is made of a silicone material and feels cool on the face, so it starts working immediately to rejuvenate and renew those cells. I like to leave it on for about an hour (directions say 20-40 mins), after which I remove it and pat the leftover essence to absorb into my skin. I don't wash my face for the remainder of the day and skip all other products at night. When I wake up, my skin feels so radiant, that I pass on the makeup altogether, as in the above pic, where I'm completely bare and makeup-less, freckles and all. Seriously, this stuff has a celebrity following and for a good reason, it is as good as a
face-liftfacial and I totally swear by it! :)
- This Snail Hydro Gel Mask contains 5% Snail Slime Extract, as well as Snail Secretion and Baobab Tree Extract. Escargot BABY!
On to the Maquillage!
February's Glossybox didn't include any lip products, so I decided to dig up some previous Glossy hits! On my lips, I'm wearing:
- Ellis Faas Milky Lips in L204 (Burnt Orange) -- remember this one from August's Glossybox?
- Senna Cosmetics Double Dose Lip Lacquer -- from July's Glossybox
On my SKIN, I'm wearing:
- Missha M Perfect BB Cream #27 -- from September's Glossybox
- Kryolan for Glossybox Blusher in Glossy Rosewood -- from November's Glossybox
Gold, Glowing & Glossy
Do you love February's Glossybox as much as I do? Sign up HERE to get yours!